Tuesday, December 30, 2008

2008 wasn't that great...bring on 2009.

Everyone is asking me if I have a New Year's resolution.

I've only had a resolution 2 or 3 times in my whole life (maybe not even that many). I never keep them, and therefore, no point in making one.

My main concerns for the new coming year are:

-Finishing graduate school. Should be done THIS SUMMER. YAHOO.
-Excelling more at work. I don't feel as though I am doing as much as I should be. This has got to change.
-Trying to improve my relationships. I'm so busy between work, school, family, and Billy that I forget I have friendships. I feel as though many of my friendships have suffered....I can only hope that they all understand that my life has been hectic for the past 2 years and I'm trying to catch up with life in general every day.

Overall, 2008 wasn't too great for me. I don't mean that as a downer, but I just mean that nothing SPECTACULAR happened to me. I just sailed along with work, school, and my extremely limited social life.

Here's to hoping 2009 will have some amazing memories for me to have and here's to doing more in life instead of just sailing through it.

2 comments:

Ric said...

I think you already set up some resolutions right there.

I think this is the first time I've ever actually wrote down what I plan to do for the upcoming year. We'll see if I actually follow through though.

Unknown said...

I've felt the same way about balancing work, relationship and hobbies and feeling like your friends, the ones that stick by you, are the ones that suffer, but it has been in my experience (and you are a perfect example) that the good friends are the ones that understand and stick around until you figure out how to juggle life's many expectations. No worries my dear. I'll always be waiting around for you to remember me :) and I'll be super happy when you find time - that coincides with MY schedule, of course ;)

Love you! Happy New Year!