Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I just want to escape!

This past Monday, I sold off a dear old friend of mine...Rosita (aka "ladies pimp car" to some). Rosita and I go back....way way back. She's a beautiful, red, 1997 Chrysler Sebring. She was good to me when I was learning how to drive, and when she went away to college with me. I also kept her on thru my first two and a half years in the "real world".

However, in the past six months or so...Rosita started to turn on me. The buttons on the driver side that rolled up the window and locked the door fell into my door. My dad had to take apart the door and find the plate that held up these buttons and screw it back up so I could use it. Then some suspicious black goo leaked from my rear view mirror. The black goo became permanent and I couldn't get it off my console. THEN, the siding on the passenger side door began to come lose and was hanging by a thread. I would have to warn whomever wanted to enter the passenger side that they couldn't open the door all the way because they'd pop that siding off. THEN my tires started going FLAT... FREQUENTLY. Once they got so flat, my rim bent and some garage dudes has to bend it BACK. They told me and my pops that I was lucky they could do that...rims for Sebrings are $400/piece. Ouch.

Then came the icing on the cake. On a snowing December 19th morning, Rosita spun out of control on the highway (I was only going 30 mph) and spun me right into a ditch. $90 later, I got her back. After that weekend, Rosita wasn't referred as her name anymore. She earned a new name 'bitchy crap box".

After that weekend, I was determined on moving on and finding a new, dependable car that I would actually feel SAFE in. Safe was a concept that was foreign to me because Billy's SUV is a POS as well (1997 GMC Jimmy) and therefore, we haven't riden comfortably and confidently in a LONG TIME. Billy's car has died on us multiple times, once including when we were in Steven's Point...two hours away from home. That was fucking lovely.

Anyway, this past Saturday, I test drove a 2009 Ford Escape and instantly fell in love. That following Monday, I was signing the papers for her. I am spending about $45/mo more in car payments than I would have liked...but I think it will be worth it....eventually.

I'd like to introduce you all to Sadie. She's a Light Sage Escape.

Unfortunately (and as my luck would have it), I only had Sadie in my possession for about 21 hours. Most of that was when I was sleeping. I had a hard time starting her and she would ONLY start when I jiggled the shifter. Anyway, I still don't have her and Ford can't figure out what's wrong.

Sigh. I promise she's amazing....once I get her back.

1 comment:

Ric said...

My my my... Sadie's lovely. Like the name too -- it took me almost two years to come up with a name for mine (Sha'niqua).

And, I really like that you renamed the Ladies Pimp Car "Bitchy Crap Box." That made me laugh.