Saturday, December 20, 2008

I was saved by an Angel!

....Literally.

On my jolly ride to work yesterday morning, I had a little accident. I left my apartment 20 min earlier than I normally do (it is a 20 min drive for me to get to work on a non-snow day) so I thought I gave my self PLENTY of time to get to work.

I started off on hwy 172 and was surprised by how GOOD the road was! I still was driving with caution, however, because my car isn't the more reliable in this type of weather.

I then merged onto 41 south to venture to DePere when I realized the weather between 172 and 41 was like a different world. The visibility on 41 was HORRIBLE, but the road wasn't too bad....atleast I thought.

About 2-3 minutes after that thought, I noticed a car in the ditch on the right hand side of me... After seeing that, I slowed down even more.

Apparently, that wasn't slow enough. I was going 30 on the hwy and then suddenly lost control of my piece of shit car. I started to fish tail, violently, and the violent swing of the tail put me in a spin. My spin spun me all the way to the ditch.

I was scared out of my f-ing mind. I am very lucky that no other car hit me, considering how long I was spinning on the hwy and I am very very lucky that no other car slammed into my car while it was in the ditch. My car sat in the ditch from 630 am to 10pm because the police put a "hold" on any towing due to the horrible weather.

When my car hit the ditch, I just sat there for a minute in disbelief. I was in complete shock. When I snapped out of my frozen minded state, I called my daddy's cell, but no answer. I called my mummsy and she answered and I just started crying. She was relieved that I was ok, but still worried as to how she was going to pick me up on the dangerous hwy. My dad called me while I was on the line w/ my mom and so I had him come help me because he was more readily available than my mum.

While I was waiting for my pops to come save the day, a cop stopped to check on me as someone had reported my accident. The cop's name was Angel. She put me in her squad car and brought me to safety at a gas station. That is where daddio came and picked me up and brought me to work.

There were 5 other cars that went into the ditch in the area I went in. Obviously, it was a little icy there.

No comments: