Thursday, January 15, 2009

Update on Sadie

She's still being worked on and therefore, I still don't have her back. It's been 2 full days now.

I have to laugh a little because on Tuesday, when I called the dealership, I could sense in the men's voices that they thought my accusations on the car were frivolous. I could tell they didn't believe me and when they told me to bring it in right away, they had a "this is going to be a small issue" tone of voice.

Well, it's not a small issue. Not even a bit. Today, my pops reached a point of boiling-over frustration. He went to the dealership and demanded a meeting with our sales-guy and the owner of the franchise, Mr. Dorsch.

Apparently, during the meeting, it was brought to my father's attention that this "small issue" wasn't a small issue at all and that only ONE other issue like mine has ever happened to a Ford product in the whole country, ever.

I had to laugh when my dad told me that because after dealing with all my issues with the Sebring, this naturally would happen next. Why would anything go smoothly at this point? I bet Rosita is laughing somewhere right now.

Anyway, I guess two options are currently being presented to me:
1) They will just give me a new one of the exact same SUV.
or
2) They fix my issue, if they can, and majorly extend my warranty.

At this point, I just want this to end...so whatever happens first, happens first.

sigh.

1 comment:

Ric said...

You should ask for some kind of discount for all this trouble they're putting you through. Not cool.