Tuesday, November 4, 2008

This day is finally here...

No more political commercials! YAY!

I voted this evening after work and was pleasantely surprised by how fast I was in and out. I must have gone at a good time (3:45 pm) because I didn't have to wait in line. I placed my ballot in the giant machine thing, and got my sticker! Woo!

I was surprised with how many people at work said they were NOT voting. I understand the notion that the majority of politicians suck, but if you feel strong enough to not vote for either, then just vote for yourself. At least your exercising your right to vote.

Especially for those of us in this nation who haven't always had the right to vote, you should vote today just because you can. And you should today because of how hard others have fought in the past for you to have that right.

Just food for thought.

...now back to the hw.

1 comment:

Ric said...

GO OBAMA!

I was bummed that I couldn't follow the election more closely.

One of my co-workers was really pumped for Obama to win, and said she'd be really upset if McCain took the cake. I would respect her opinion, but when I asked her if she voted she said "no."

I don't care who you want to win, you can't justify your opinion to me if you don't voice it.