Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Opinions = everyone's personal right...

Tonight is going to be a short post as I have a ton of hw to do.

All I have to say is that I cannot wait for this election to be over with. I am consistently being attacked for my choice of candidate. I tell people, who I know do not share the same opinion as me, that I do not want to talk about politics and they keep harassing me. I feel as though, if we know we do not agree, why talk about it? We're not going to change the other person's mind. We're only going to drive each other nuts and we'll both walk away feeling like the other person is a complete moron. LEAVE ME ALONE!!!

On a side note, but related, I've been receiving 2-3 emails PER DAY from my father with crap he finds off the Internet to tell me why my choice is wrong. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I had to break down and email him back to tell him to back off. I hate having to do stuff like that, but when I see those emails from him, I want to jump out of a window! haha.

1 comment:

Ric said...

On GMA this morning, Whoopi Goldberg was on and they showed a clip of her and the really conservative blond on "The View," and they were going AT IT about the presidential race.

But, it wasn't a constructive discussion... it was an argument, or shouting fight.

I think, if people sat down and listened to the other POV, it might be helpful for undecided voters, but once you've already made a choice you're just arguing with someone to argue. It gets both sides no where.